Naija News, Nigerian News and NewsOnline Summary today 29th November 2022 can be accessed below.
naijaonpoint has compiled Nigerian News, Newspaper Headlines, Naija News and NewsOnline Digest from all Nigerian Newspapers today Tuesday 29th November 2022.
Check out Nigerian news headlines, Naija news, NewsOnline roundup today, Tuesday 29th November 2022 below:
1. The Universities Academic Staff Union, ASUU, warned Nigerians on Monday that if the Federal Government continued to withhold their salaries, a new crisis would erupt in the country’s universities. The president of the University of Ilorin, ASUU, Professor Moyosore Ajao, sounded the alarm at a special congress of the local branch that was held in the main auditorium of the university on Monday.
2. The Congress of All Progressives and the Osun State House of Assembly addressed the new Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke, yesterday about the six Executive Orders he signed on Monday. They condemned the new governor for reversing some appointments and hiring of posts made by his predecessor, Gboyega Oyetola.
3. The Nigerian National Award of Merit has declared that all 32 nominees for the 2022 edition were unqualified. The quasi-academic agency said the nominees failed the prerequisite exam.
4. Aminu Mohammed, the student arrested for allegedly criticizing First Lady Aisha Buhari on Twitter, says he was beaten and taken to the Presidential Villa in Abuja. According to his father, Mohammed, who is a student at Dutse Federal University, Jigawa State, said this when he called him since his arrest.
5. The federal government has advised Nigerians traveling to the US, UK and some European countries to beware of thieves targeting their passports, money and other valuables. Information Minister Lai Mohammed gave the advice Monday in Abuja while speaking at the fifth edition of President Muhammadu Buhari’s Administration Scorecard, 2015-2023.
6. The Minister of Finance, Budget and National Planning, Ms. Zainab Ahmed, has refuted the accusations of budget padding by some ministries, departments and agencies. The minister noted that the funds in question were only erroneously captured in the budget estimates submitted to the National Assembly.
7. All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential candidate Bola Tinubu will suspend his campaign and municipal engagements for at least eight days to embark on a tour of selected Western countries. The candidate, according to a series of tweets from the APC Presidential Campaign Council, would be out of the country between December 4 and 12.
8. The Abuja Division of the Court of Appeals has upheld the ruling of a Federal High Court in Damaturu, Yobe State, which declared Bashir Machina the genuine candidate for the All Progressives Congress (APC), Yobe Senatorial District. North. In a ruling, Appeals Court Judge Monica Dongban-Mensem dismissed the appeal filed by Senate President Ahmed Lawal as lacking merit.
9. Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential candidate Atiku Abubakar has said that Nigeria, under the leadership of the All Progressives Congress (APC), is bleeding and requires a qualified person to rescue it from collapse. He said that people were hungry, while insecurity had gripped every part of the country.
10. Former All Progressive Congress (APC) gubernatorial hopeful in Kaduna state, Sani Mahmood Sha’aban, left the party yesterday. President Muhammadu Buhari’s son-in-law said he decided to get rid of the party because he does not respect the rule of law.