Presidential candidate Peter Obi and his vice-presidential candidate Yusuf Datti Baba-Ahmed have finally published their Manifesto 2023, which is called “Our pact with Nigerians: creating a new Nigeria”.
The long-awaited manifesto is a 72-page document detailing the plans for the Obi/Datti campaign as they seek to win the 2023 election.
The manifesto includes seven priorities that Peter Obi will focus on if he is elected president of Nigeria in 2022.
- To secure Nigeria, end banditry and insurgency, and unite our beloved nation, to manage our diversity so that no one is left behind.
- Shift the emphasis from consumption to production by running a production-focused economy fueled by an agrarian revolution and export-oriented industrialization.
- Reshape politics through effective legal and institutional reforms to entrench the rule of law, aggressively fight corruption, reduce the cost of governance, and establish honest and efficient government.
- Jumpstart Nigeria towards the 4th Industrial Revolution (4IR), through the application of scientific and technological innovations to create a digital economy.
- Build expansive, world-class infrastructure for efficient energy supply, rail, road and air transportation, and pipeline network, through integrated public-private partnerships and public sector corporate governance.
- Enhance the human capital of Nigerian youth for productivity and global competitiveness through investment in world-class scholarship and research, quality healthcare and entrepreneurship education.
- Carry out Afrocentric diplomacy that protects the rights of Nigerian citizens abroad and advances the economic interests of Nigerians and Nigerian businesses in a changing world.