Many modern offices are using the open plan design, but it usually gives the sense of being too open. While an open concept workspace increases communication and makes sure employees do not feel isolated, there are times when creating partitions is essential. This is where folding room dividers come in, and they offer a lot of benefits.
What is a folding room divider?
A folding partition comes in varying heights and typically features 360-degree rotating hinges. This allows complete movement for various arrangement options. A cast aluminum corner joint connects each of the panels, creating optimum functionality and strength. If the folding room divider is made from polycarbonate, you have a partition that is stronger than glass and acrylic.
Folding partition systems is ideal for adding privacy in offices, conference rooms, schools, hospitals, and more. They can act as portable privacy screens for testing areas, emergency meetings, and many other applications.
The benefits of using a folding room divider
- Easy to assemble. If you want to build a wall in a specific room in order to divide the space, it requires skills and expertise. You also need the right materials and possibly some paperwork and approvals. However, if you use folding room dividers, you don’t have to build anything. You only need to decide when to place them and assemble them fast.
- Removable. The folding separators are adjustable and changeable, compared to building walls as permanent dividers. You can move the portable room dividers easily as they are usually lightweight. If you are not sure of where to place the dividers, it is not a problem. You can move them anywhere you want. You can also change the position of the dividers as often as you please, depending on the activities for the day.
- Increase productivity. In an office setting, privacy can go hand in hand with productivity. It is easy for an employee to get distracted at work if there are no partitions to separate them from coworkers. A folding room divider is a perfect screen to someone who is working on a deadline or a sensitive project.
- Cost-effective. If you need to break up a room or floor, it will require hiring a contractor and performing a significant amount of construction work. But, with foldable room partitions, you can separate areas within a short period with less money. Also, you can move the partitions easily in case you are reconsidering the purpose of the area.
If you want to change the interior design, you can purchase new room dividers to complement the room décor without breaking the bank. Whether it is an office space or a living area, it is easy to break them up with room dividers. By using them, you increase the effectiveness of every area in your office or home.
- Hassle-free maintenance. The maintenance of your folding room dividers depends on the materials they are constructed. But, in general, these types of partition systems are easy to maintain. You can clean most of these room dividers using a wet cloth. You can schedule the cleaning when you also clean the room.
Folding room dividers are increasingly becoming popular in various settings. They provide various solutions, whether it is a large or small space. If you do not have one yet in your place, it is time to enjoy their benefits.